Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Donor Sibling Registry

Ok, so Tanya was watching Oprah last week and it was about the Donor Sibling Registry which helps, "assist individuals conceived as a result of sperm, egg or embryo donation that are seeking to make mutually desired contact with others with whom they share genetic ties."  I just joined the registry site and some of the donors from one of the banks we like have produced children!  Our kids most likely will have donor siblings out there!!  I already figured this would be the case but seeing them listed is pretty interesting.  We could select a donor by using the registry - we know the sperm produced a child!!  The site is also really helpful because it lists so many sperm banks so now I know of more to check out.  I am feeling like the Danish ones are the way we'll go with this first little one.  There aren't really any other options here.  I've thought finding Filipino (or Indian) sperm for me might be a bit more challenging but parents who have extra vials can sell them on this site so all we'd need to do (if we can't find any from a bank) is contact a parent with an extra vial!

E

No comments: